“Angry” Balsamic Chicken Cacciatore
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 2 large red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 1 package (10 oz.) cremini mushrooms [or white mushrooms], sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 jar Bertolli® Arrabbiata Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat Olive Oil in 5-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and brown chicken, in batches. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook red peppers, mushrooms and onion in same saucepot over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in vinegar, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan. Stir in Sauce and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return chicken to saucepot. Simmer covered 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in basil. Sprinkle, if desired, with Parmesan cheese and serve with hot cooked rigatoni and garlic bread.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW