Avocado Soup with Lump Crabmeat
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 very ripe avocados, peeled and halved
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. plain yogurt
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 6 ounces fresh crabmeat
- Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Pour vegetable broth into blender. Scoop avocados from peel and place flesh in blender. Add lime juice, pinch of salt, fresh ground black pepper, plain yogurt and hot pepper sauce. Pulse in blender until smooth and creamy.
- Evenly divide into 6 serving glasses and season, if desired, with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Top with crabmeat and drizzle with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Garnish with chives. Sprinkle with additional hot pepper sauce, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW