Baked Meatballs in Tomato-lime Sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 6 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 jar Bertolli® Olive Oil & Garlic Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine ground beef, 1/2 of the onion, bread crumbs, parsley, cilantro, egg, cumin, paprika, red pepper flakes and, if desired, salt and pepper; shape into 1-inch balls. Arrange meatballs on baking sheet and bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Heat Olive Oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook remaining onion, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in garlic, ginger and turmeric and cook 1 minute. Stir in lime juice and Sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Stir in meatballs and cook an additional 10 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW