Balsamic Chicken with Prosciutto & Asparagus Parmesan Cheese Salad
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 8 Tbsp. Bertolli® Balsamic Vinegar of Modena - Aceto Balsamico di Modena IGP
- 6 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- For marinade, combine Bertolli Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and thyme in small bowl. Pour ½ of the marinade over chicken in large, shallow nonaluminum baking dish or resealable plastic bag; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag, and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, 30 minutes. Refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, turning once, 8 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken to serving platter; set aside. Cut off asparagus tips; reserve. Using a vegetable peeler, peel asparagus into thin strips. Add garlic to same skillet and cook 1 minute. Add asparagus tips and strips and cook 4 minutes, or until crisp- tender. Remove asparagus; set aside.
- Add refrigerated marinade to skillet and cook 4 minutes. Toss cooked asparagus with prosciutto and Parmesan cheese; spoon over chicken. Drizzle cooked marinade over asparagus.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Exectuive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW