Buffalo Caprese with Grilled Tomato and Zucchini
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 zucchini
- Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- Bertolli® Italian Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 10 large fresh basil leaves
- 2 (6 oz. ea.) buffalo mozzarella balls, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Cook on hot grill pan approx. 10 minutes or until evenly roasted.
- Peel zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch ribbons using a potato peeler or mandolin. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Drizzle with very small amount of Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add to grill, cook until evenly roasted.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, mix 1/2 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, paprika, garlic and 1 tablespoon Bertolli Italian Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Remove tomatoes and zucchini from grill pan; set aside to cool. Stack tomato slices, basil leaves, mozzarella slices and folded zucchini slices on top fo each other to build a tower.
- Finish with drizzle of dressing and a touch of Bertolli Italian Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW