Chicken & Chorizo Gumbo
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. chorizo, andouille or Italian sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vidalia Onion with Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken and sausage, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes. Remove chicken mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Cook onion, green pepper, celery and red pepper flakes in same skillet, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in Sauce and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return chicken mixture to skillet. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sausage is done. Serve, if desired, over hot cooked pasta or rice.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW