Chicken Cordon Bleu Alfredo
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (about 1-1/4 lbs.), pounded
- 4 thin slices prosciutto [or deli boiled ham]
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tsp. water
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine [or chicken broth]
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Evenly top chicken with prosciutto and cheese; roll up and secure with wooden toothpicks. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then bread crumbs, coating well.
- Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken, turning occasionally. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Stir in wine in same skillet and cook 1 minute. Stir in Sauce. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice or pasta and garnish with chopped parsley.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW