Chicken With Garlic And Bertolli Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 3 lbs. whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 2 cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Balsamic Vinegar of Modena - Aceto Balsamico di Modena IGP
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Heat Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook chicken on each side, working in batches, 5 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove chicken and place in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add onion and garlic into same skillet and cook 3 minutes. Add carrots, celery and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes. Add Bertolli® Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, broth, wine, parsley and bay leaf and cook 2 minutes. Pour mixture over chicken. Bake for 1 hour or until an instant read thermometer reaches 165° F. Discard bay leaf before serving.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW