Chicken with Peppers & Goat Cheese
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 3 medium red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Dip chicken in flour, coating well; shake off excess. Heat 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, 5 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook bell peppers, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add shallots and cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Stir in Sauce and simmer 5 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- To serve, spoon sauce over chicken and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Cost per recipe*: $17.63. Cost per serving*: $4.41. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW