Citrus Beef Skewers With Grapefruit And Garlic
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® ClassicoTM Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice, about 1 grapefruit
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cubed
- 1 lb. cipollini onions, peeled
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- For marinade, combine Bertolli Classico Olive Oil, wine, garlic, grapefruit juice and thyme in small bowl. Pour ½ cup marinade over beef in large shallow nonaluminum baking dish or plastic bag; turn to coat. Cover, or close bag and marinate in refrigerator about 3 hours. Refrigerate remaining marinade
- Remove beef from marinade, discarding marinade. Alternately thread beef, onions, peppers and tomatoes on skewers*. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Grill, turning once and brushing frequently with refrigerated marinade, 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
*If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes prior to use.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW