Artichoke Spaghetti with Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 jar (12 ounces) quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 jar (23 ounces) Bertolli® Rustic CutTM Spicy Marinara with Traditional Vegetables Sauce
- 1/3 cup whole milk Ricotta cheese
- Cook pasta 2 min. less than directed on package; drain.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Add bread crumbs and garlic powder; cook 4-5 min. or until panko is golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in grated cheese and parsley.
- Set aside in small bowl to cool.
- Add artichokes to same skillet on medium heat. Cook 3-4 min. or until artichokes start to brown.
- Stir in sauce and simmer 2-3 min., stirring occasionally. Add pasta; toss 1-2 min. or until combined.
- Top each serving with bread crumb mixture and a spoonful of Ricotta.
The herbs and spices in the artichoke marinade add extra flavor to your final dish.
Pecorino Romano cheese is a sheep’s milk cheese with a sharp tangy flavor that pairs well with this spicy sauce. Standard Romano cheese is usually made with cow’s milk and is very mild in comparison.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW