Creamy Asparagus Chicken Risotto
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup dry white wine [or chicken broth]
- 1 jar Bertolli® Light Alfredo Sauce
- 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Bring water and broth in 2-quart saucepan to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in deep 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until almost done, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in rice and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until rice is coated with oil, about 1 minute. Stir in wine and cook, stirring frequently, until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, until almost all liquid is absorbed. After 20 minutes, stir in asparagus and Sauce and cook covered, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until about 2 minutes, until rice is creamy and tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and stir in lemon peel. Garnish, if desired, with lemon wedges and cracked black pepper.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW