Creamy Asparagus Soup
- 4 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large shallots [or 1 medium onion], chopped
- 2 boxes (7.5 oz. ea.) frozen asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar Bertolli® Light Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 3 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Combine 3 tablespoons oil and thyme in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium heat and cook shallots, stirring frequently, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until moisture is evaporated, about 3 minutes. Stir in broth and Sauce. Process soup, in batches in blender, taking care not to fill blender more than halfway. Return to saucepot. Stir in water and cook over medium heat until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve drizzled with thyme oil.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW