Creamy Chicken Piccata
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.), pounded thin
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel (optional)
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Dip chicken in flour, then eggs, coating well. Heat 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook chicken, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in same skillet and cook shallots and thyme, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and cook 1 minute. Stir in Sauce, parsley and lemon peel; heat through. Spoon Sauce over chicken and serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice or pasta.
Cost per recipe*: $9.97. Cost per serving*: $2.49. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW