Creamy Eggplant Bisque
- 3 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jar Bertolli® Four Cheese Rosa Sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth*
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry (optional)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Gorgonzola Cheese Croutons* (optional)
- Heat Olive Oil in 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook eggplant with onion, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients except croutons and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes. Puree until smooth with immersion blender or blender. Serve with Gorgonzola Cheese Croutons.
- *SUBSTITUTION: For a vegetarian version, use 2 cups vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
*Gorgonzola Cheese Croutons: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Evenly brush both sides of 8 (1-inch-thick) slices French baguette with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then evenly top with 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese; arrange on baking pan. Bake 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut slices into small cubes.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW