Creamy Shrimp & Asparagus Risotto
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small shallot [or onion], chopped
- 3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Bring Sauce and broth just to a boil in medium saucepan; keep warm.
- Season shrimp, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until shrimp are almost pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook shallot and tomatoes, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Slowly add 1/2 cup sauce mixture, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding sauce mixture,1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently, reserving 1-1/2 cups. Add asparagus, then continue adding sauce mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, until liquid is absorbed and rice is just tender. Stir in shrimp, lemon juice and lemon peel and cook 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink.
- Garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW