Recipe serves: 4
Grilled Sausages & Tuscan Bread
- 1 lb. sweet or hot Italian sausage links
- 1/4 cup Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 loaf (16 in.) Italian bread, cut into 4-inch rolls
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 jar (7 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained
- 3 ounces thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Grill or broil sausage, turning frequently, until done; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine Olive Oil, parsley, salt and black pepper in small bowl. Cut rolls in half lengthwise and brush cut half with olive oil mixture, then grill until lightly golden. Rub with garlic.
- To assemble sandwiches, slice sausage in half lengthwise and arrange on bottom half of rolls. Evenly layer each with roasted peppers, then cheese. Cover with tops of rolls.