Recipe serves: 4
Grilled Sea Bass with Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto and Mango Cherry Tomato Salad
- 1/2 cup Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 6 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs. sea bass, cut into 4 (6 oz.) steaks
- 1/4 lb. baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 small fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced very fine
- 10 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 semi-ripe mango, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/8 x 1/8 x 3 inch strips
- Combine 1/4 cup Olive Oil with mint and garlic. Season fish with salt and fresh ground black pepper and coat with marinade.
- Place fish on hot grill pan or skillet skin-side down and cook turning occasionally, 5 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, pine nuts, Parmesan, 1/4 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh ground black pepper and pinch of salt in food processor. Mix until smoth; set aside.
- For the salad, combine basil, green onions, tomatoes and mango slices in large bowl. Drizzle with Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Spread spinach pesto on plate and place fish on top. Top with salad, season with fresh ground black pepper and serve.