Recipe serves: 4
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
Grilled Chicken Skewers With Sausage And Pancetta
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (cubed)
- 5 links Italian sausages
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 8 slices pancetta
- 20 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 4 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 0 Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Take metal or bamboo* skewers and alternate pieces of chicken and sausage. Wrap skewers with slices of pancetta, approx. two pieces per skewer. Place on grill. Brush skewers with Olive Oil while cooking. Grill until chicken is cooked, approx. 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a cast iron pan on grill, place cut tomatoes, basil and Olive Oil. Sauté until tomatoes are almost stewed. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the cooked skewers on a plate and top with cherry tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped basil.
- *If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in water for one-half to one hour, to avoid burning on the grill.
- Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California