by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 3 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/4 cups chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 lb. fettuccine, cooked and drained
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon Bertolli Classico Olive Oil in 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and brown beef, drain. Remove beef and keep warm. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, onions, celery, carrots, garlic and rosemary and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Return beef to saucepot.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thick, about 45 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Serve over hot fettuccine and with grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired, with fresh rosemary.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW