Fresh Fettuccine with Crispy Pancetta, Sauteed Mushrooms and Cherry Tomatoes
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (20 small), halved and seeded
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces pancetta [or bacon], diced
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 ounces oyster mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 8 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°. Drizzle tomatoes with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Arrange in baking pan and bake 5 to 10 minutes or until wilted.
- Sauté pancetta with Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil over medium-high heat until crisp. Season with fresh ground black pepper and very little salt. Add garlic and mushrooms and saute until golden brown.
- Add roasted tomatoes and 1/4 cup broth to saute pan. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered.
- Add fettuccine to boiling water over high heat, stirring occasionally until it floats, approx. 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add cooked fettuccine to sauté pan and remaining broth. Increase heat and drizzle with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add parsley. Simmer 2 to 5 minutes.
- Top with shaved Parmesan and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW