Grilled Chicken With Sweet Chili Grape Sauce
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. shallots
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chopped red seedless grapes [or green seedless grapes]
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- Heat Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallots 2 minutes. Add wine and grapes and cook until wine is reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the grapes are tender and liquid is almost fully reduced, about 5 minutes. Whisk in chili sauce and brown sugar. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Brush chicken with Bertolli Classico Olive Oil. Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Grill chicken, turn halfway through cooking, about 5 minutes. Top cooked side with sauce and grill 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Garnish with thyme leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW