Grilled Cod With Romesco Sauce
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 3 medium red bell peppers, stem removed and seeded
- 1 poblano pepper, stem removed and seeded
- 1 large firm tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Pinot Grigio White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 (6 oz.) cod fillets
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® ClassicoTM Olive Oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Grill peppers turning occasionally, 20-25 minutes or until skin is black on all sides.
- Place in large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let cool, 15 minutes. Peel peppers.
- Process tomato, peppers, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, White Wine Vinegar, walnuts, brown sugar, chili powder, salt, black pepper and garlic in a food processor or blender until smooth or desired consistency; set aside.
- Brush fish with Olive Oil. Season fish, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Place piece of aluminum foil on grill grate. Place fish on top of foil and grill fish, turning once, until fish flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Serve sauce over fish and garnish with lemon wedges and basil leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW