Grilled Sea Bass with Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto and Mango Cherry Tomato Salad
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 1/2 cup Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 6 fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs. sea bass, cut into 4 (6 oz.) steaks
- 1/4 lb. baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 small fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced very fine
- 10 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 semi-ripe mango, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/8 x 1/8 x 3 inch strips
- Combine 1/4 cup Olive Oil with mint and garlic. Season fish with salt and fresh ground black pepper and coat with marinade.
- Place fish on hot grill pan or skillet skin-side down and cook turning occasionally, 5 minutes or until fish flakes with fork.
- Meanwhile, combine spinach, pine nuts, Parmesan, 1/4 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh ground black pepper and pinch of salt in food processor. Mix until smoth; set aside.
- For the salad, combine basil, green onions, tomatoes and mango slices in large bowl. Drizzle with Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
- Spread spinach pesto on plate and place fish on top. Top with salad, season with fresh ground black pepper and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW