Herb-Roasted Chicken with Alfredo-Wine Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 fresh sage leaves [or sprigs of thyme] (optional)
- 1 (7- to 8-lb.) roasting chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place 1 clove garlic, 1/2 lemon and sage inside chicken cavity. Rub chicken with remaining garlic and olive oil. Squeeze remaining 1/2 lemon over chicken and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in roasting pan, on rack. Roast 1 hour 45 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 180°.
- Meanwhile, for Alfredo-Wine Sauce, cook Sauce and win in 1-quart saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, carve chicken and arrange on serving platter. Serve with Alfredo-Wine Sauce. Garnish, if desired, with additional fresh herbs.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW