Honey Orange Cake
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup honey, heated
- 1/4 cup Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange peel
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan; set aside.
- Blend orange juice, honey, Olive Oil, egg yolks and orange peel in medium bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and baking soda in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form in small bowl. Stir orange juice mixture into flour mixture until blended. Gently fold in egg whites. Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove sides from pan and cool completely. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners sugar. To serve, cut into wedges and garnish, if desired, with peeled orange wedges and whipped cream.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW