- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 12 oz.), cut into 3/4-inch chunks*
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup frozen green peas, partially thawed
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Olive Oil over medium-high heat and lightly brown chicken 3 minutes. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 2 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove chicken mixture and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil over medium heat and cook onion 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in Sauce, broth, wine, cumin and oregano. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 8 minutes. Return chicken mixture to skillet and stir in peas. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 1 minute or until peas are tender. Serve with hot rice.
*SUBSTITUTION: Use 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 oz.), cut into 3/4-inch chunks instead of chicken thighs.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW