Lemon & Herb Grilled Trout
Evocative of a sea-side taverna in Greece, this recipe is quick, easy and delicious enough for company.
- 4 whole trout, cleaned, with head and tail left on
- 1/4 cup Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme [or oregano leaves]
- 4 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 thin slices lemon
- Rinse the trout inside and out; pat dry. Generously brush each trout, inside and out, with Olive Oil. Sprinkle the inside of each trout with 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon parsley and salt; arrange 2 slices lemon in each trout. Grill or broil trout, turning once, 14 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. To serve, arrange trout on serving platter. If desired, use several toothpicks to seal fish closed.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW