Lemony Sage Chicken Saltimbocca
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 8 very thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place 2 sage leaves on top of each piece of chicken. Wrap 2 slices prosciutto around each piece of chicken. Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, about 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add wine to same skillet and cook 1 minute. Add chicken broth and lemon juice and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced, about 5 minutes. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish, if desired, with grated lemon peel and flat-leaf parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW