Linguine with Roasted Garlic, Mushrooms & Chicken
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, four 4 ounce chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 roasted garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Bertolli® Creamy Basil Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 ounces shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- Cook pasta as directed on package, keep warm.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and place on a hot grill. Grill 5-10 on each side or until cooked all the way through. Slice breasts. Heat a skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add onions and mushrooms to skillet; cook 3-4 min. or until softened, gently scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in garlic, sauce, tomatoes and sliced grilled chicken; cover and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Add cooked pasta, basil and half of the cheese to mixture in skillet; toss until heated through. Serve topped with remaining cheese.
Tips: How to Roast Garlic: Cut 1/2 inch from the top of each head of garlic, exposing the cloves. Soak the heads in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Preheat a gas grill to high; adjust the heat to low after 15 minutes. (If cooking over charcoal, allow the coals to burn until they are covered with gray ash.) Arrange the garlic heads cut-side up around the perimeter of the grill. Place them to avoid any direct flame, then brush them with 2 tbsp. olive oil. Cook, with the grill covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the cloves are very soft. (If using charcoal, add 8 to 10 briquettes after 1 hour to maintain the heat.)
- FULL-PAGE VIEW