Mushroom Stuffed Mushrooms
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems and gills removed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package (10 oz.) cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Bertolli® Light Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 4 ounces Italian bread, cut into cubes and pulsed in food processor then toasted (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange portobello mushrooms gill-side up on baking sheet; set aside.
- Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook cremini mushrooms, stirring frequently, until golden, about 8 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in Bertolli® Light Garlic Alfredo Sauce, 1-1/2 cups bread crumbs and thyme.
- Spoon mushroom mixture evenly onto portobello mushrooms. Bake 25 minutes. Combine remaining bread crumbs and cheese, then sprinkle over mushrooms. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. To serve, sprinkle with tomatoes, then squeeze with lemon.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW