Pan Roasted Red Snapper With Grilled Onions, Sweet Melon And Feta Salad
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® ClassicoTM Olive Oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb. red snapper fillet, cut into 2 (6-ounce) pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra LightTM Tasting Olive Oil
- 1/4 cantaloupe, cut with melon baller
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Brush onions with 1 tablespoon Bertolli Classico Olive Oil; season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Preheat grill or grill pan. Brush green onions with additional Bertolli Classico Olive Oil and grill until tender, slightly brown and caramelized, approx. 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season fish with salt and fresh ground black pepper on both sides. Heat 2 tablespoons Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil in 12-inch skillet over high heat and cook skin-side down, approx. 4 minutes, pressing lightly with spatula to crisp the skin. Turn and cook 4 minutes or until snapper flakes with fork and is nicely browned on both sides. Let rest.
- Combine melon balls with crumbled feta. Season with a touch of salt, fresh ground black pepper and white balsamic vinegar to taste; set aside.
- Plate grilled onions, place snapper on top and finish with melon salad. Season with fresh ground black pepper to taste, drizzle with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW