Pancetta & Arugula Polenta Pizzettes
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup Bertolli® Vodka Sauce made with Fresh Cream
- 2 Tbsp. fresh sage leaves
- 1 package (16 oz.) prepared polenta, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 3 ounces arugula, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pancetta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange fennel on baking sheet in single layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, then season with salt and pepper. Roast 40 minutes or until fennel is tender and golden; cool 5 minutes. Decrease oven to 350°.
- Process fennel, Sauce and sage in blender or food processor until smooth; set aside.
- Heat remaining Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook polenta, a few at a time, turning once, 12 minutes or until lightly browned. (Use more Olive Oil as needed). Arrange on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Evenly top polenta with Sauce mixture, arugula, pancetta, mushrooms and cheeses. Bake 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and polenta is heated through.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW