Parmesan Risotto With Walnuts And Bacon
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat broth in 2-quart saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low.
- Heat Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil in 4-quart saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onions, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in wine and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in just enough broth to cover rice. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed. Continue adding broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until liquid is absorbed and rice is slightly creamy and just tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese, bacon and walnuts until heated through. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Top with shaved Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired, with fresh rosemary.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW