Pasta Pomodoro With Lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 8 ounces penne pasta [or ziti pasta], cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese [or smoked] (about 2 oz.)
- Bring water to a boil in 2-quart saucepan over high heat. Stir in lentils. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until lentils are tender; drain lentils and set aside.
- Bring Sauce to a boil in same saucepan over high heat. Stir in lentils. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. To serve, toss hot penne with sauce mixture, then top with cheese.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW