Pasta with Chicken & Broccoli Rabe
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 lb.), trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces whole wheat rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and, if desired, black pepper.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil and cook red pepper, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until almost tender. Add broccoli rabe and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until slightly wilted. Stir in garlic and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook 1 minute. Stir in broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook covered 3 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender.
- Serve over hot rotini, then top with chicken.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW