Penne with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Asparagus
- 1 box (16 oz.) penne pasta
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine [or chicken broth]
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain and set aside.
- Melt Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in tomatoes and wine. Bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in Sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until heated through. Toss Sauce with hot penne and asparagus. Garnish, if desired, with toasted pine nuts and cracked black pepper.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW