Pork Tenderloin With Balsamic Lentils
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1-1/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup whole cashews, toasted
- 3 Tbsp. Bertolli® Balsamic Vinegar of Modena - Aceto Balsamico di Modena IGP
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- Bertolli® Italian Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena - Aceto Balsamico di Modena IGP
- Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in 2-½-quart saucepan. Add lentils, garlic and rosemary reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain.
- Season pork, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil in 12-inch oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat and brown pork on all sides. Place pan in oven and roast pork until it reaches an internal temperature of 160°, about 25 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Olive Oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and cook carrots, celery, and onions, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add cashews, Balsamic Vinegar, mustard and oregano and cook 2 minutes. Stir in cooked lentils and cook 1 minute or until lentils are heated through. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena on serving plate. Top with pork and lentils. Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Garnish, if desired, with fresh rosemary.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW