Rigatoni in Vodka Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup vodka [or chicken broth]
- 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- 1 box (16 oz.) rigatoni pasta [or penne pasta], cooked and drained
- Heat Olive Oil in 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat and cook onion 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in vodka and cook 1 minute. Stir in Sauces. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, 4 minutes.
- Serve over hot rigatoni and sprinkle, if desired, with fresh basil.
*For a delicious option: Cook 1 small zucchini, chopped, with onion and garlic. Cost per recipe*: $7.28 Cost per serving*: $1.21 *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW