Rigatoni With Hearty Mediterranean Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 lb.), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. boneless beef shoulder, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vidalia Onion with Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta [or penne pasta], cooked and drained
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons Olive Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook eggplant, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove eggplant and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons Olive Oil and brown beef in same skillet. Stir in Sauce and eggplant and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until beef is tender
- Toss hot pasta with sauce and 1/2 of the cheese. Top with remaining cheese and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh parsley.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW