Roasted Baby Potatoes With Fresh Sausage, Herbs And Ricotta
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 20 baby red potatoes
- 1/3 cup Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil, divided
- 8 ounces ground sausage
- 1/3 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 475º. Boil potatoes 5 minutes until firm. Cut in half and trim bottom of each half so potatoes can stand. Carve a hole in potatoes with melon baller to hold filling.
- In skillet, heat 2 tablespoons Bertolli Classico Olive Oil. Crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, toss potatoes with remaining Bertolli Classico Olive Oil and herbs in bowl. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Place potatoes in baking dish.
- Mix cooked sausage, ricotta and Parmesan. Season, if desired, with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Spoon filling into potatoes. Bake until crispy, approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Plate potatoes. Top with chopped parsley and additional grated Parmesan if desired. Drizzle with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, season with fresh ground black pepper and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW