Roasted Lamb with Watercress, Blue Cheese and Walnut Salad
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 2 racks of lamb, each halved
- 2 garlic
- Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Sprig fresh rosemary
- 12 fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 12 thin slices prosciutto (about 1/2 lb.)
- 2 cups watercress and baby radicchio, mixed
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- White wine
- Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove each loin from the half rack and trim the fat. Sauté the bones and fat in 12-inch sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add crushed garlic and drizzle with Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil. Season with salt, fresh ground black pepper and rosemary. Turn once; cook until caramelized.
- Remove silver skin membrane from each lamb loin; set aside. Arrange 3 slices prosciutto on flat surface and sprinkle with sage and chopped garlic. Season with pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper; roll the loin up in the prosciutto. Repeat with remaining prosciutto and loins and place in oven-proof hot pan; sear on all sides until caramelized.
- Place pan in oven and bake loins 10 -12 minutes or until desired doneness.
- For salad, combine watercress, baby radicchio, walnuts and crumbled blue cheese. Season with pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Remove loins from pan and let rest. Remove bones from sauté pan and discard most of the oil. Increase heat and deglaze pan with white wine to create au jus. Simmer and reduce to desired thickness.
- Drizzle salad with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil and toss. Slice loin into four medallions and set aside. Plate salad and place lamb on top. Drizzle with au jus and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW