Roasted Pork with Apple Parmesan Salad
by Chef Fabio Viviani
- 2 bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick
- 1 sprig fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Light™ Tasting Olive Oil
- 3 lemons, sliced in half
- 2 cups microgreens [or baby spring mix]
- 1 medium red delicious apple [or other crisp apple], quartered
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bertolli® Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Preheat oven to 375°. season pork on both sides with parsley, sage and rosemary. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Add garlic and Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil to oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Sear chops on both sides. Add 2 lemon halves for flavor. Finish in oven approx. 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add microgreens to bowl with a pinch of salt. Quarter and seed the apple and squeeze lemon juice from 1 half lemon on top and add to bowl. Add Parmesan to salad.
- Thinly slice the quartered apples and squeeze the remaining half of lemons over slices. Mix all the salad ingredients. Drizzle with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Once pork chops are done, plate and top with salad. Finish with couple drops of Bertolli Balsamic Vinegar of Modena and drizzle with Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season with fresh ground black pepper and a squeeze of roasted lemon juice.
Recipe courtesy of Fabio Viviani, owner and Executive Chef of Cafe Firenze in Moorpark, California and Firenze Osteria Italian Restaurant and Martini Bar in Toluca Lake, California.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW