Rustic Sausage & Polenta With Basil
- 1 1/2 lbs. sweet Italian sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cans (13-3/4 oz. ea.) chicken broth
- 3 1/3 cups milk
- 1 bag (17 oz.) instant polenta
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, coarsely chopped
- Brown sausage in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Stir in Sauce and water. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes or until sausage is done; set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring broth and milk to the boiling point in 5-quart saucepan over high heat. Stirring constantly with wire whisk, slowly pour in polenta. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, 5 minutes or until polenta thickens.
- Evenly pour polenta into 13 x 9-inch baking pan; let cool until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into 9 rectangles, then cut each rectangle in half diagonally. Grill or broil 10 minutes. Arrange polenta on serving platter. Spoon sauce mixture over polenta, then sprinkle with cheese.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW