Sausage, Swiss Chard & Rigatoni
- 1 lb. rigatoni pasta [or large tube pasta]
- 1 lb. swiss chard, ribs removed then coarsely chopped
- 6 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings and crumbled
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and seeded, if desired, then chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding swiss chard during last 6 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoons Olive Oil over medium heat. Add sausage and garlic and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is just brown. Add remaining 4 tablespoons Olive Oil, tomatoes and salt. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Toss with hot rigatoni, swiss chard and cheese. Serve, if desired, with additional cheese.
*Substitution: Use broccoli rabe, stems removed then coarsely chopped.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW