Sauteed Chicken in Vodka Sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup vodka [or chicken broth ]
- 1 jar Bertolli® Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream [or whipping cream]
- 1 Tbsp. loosely packed fresh basil leaves, cut in strips (optional)
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat Olive Oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in same skillet, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in vodka and cook 1 minute. Stir in Sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, then return chicken to skillet. Simmer covered 3 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm. Stir in cream and simmer 1 minute or until heated through. Serve, if desired, with hot cooked pasta and garnish with basil.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW