Shrimp Risotto with Arugula
- 2 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine [or chicken broth]
- 4 cups chicken broth, heated to boiling
- 1 small bunch arugula [or baby spinach leaves], coarsely chopped (about 2 packed cups)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In 4-quart saucepot, heat Olive Oil over medium-high heat and cook shrimp 3 minutes or until shrimp are almost pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- In same saucepot, add orange pepper and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add rice and stir to coat. Stir in wine and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minute. Slowly add hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring occasionally, until almost all liquid is absorbed and rice is creamy and tender, about 25 minutes. Stir in arugula and return shrimp to saucepot during last 2 minutes of cooking. Cook until shrimp turn pink. Stir in cheese.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW