Skillet Tortellini Alfredo Pomodoro
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 2 small shallots [or onions], chopped
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 bag (15 oz.) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook shallots, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until shallots are tender. Stir in water, tortellini and salt; bring to a boil over high heat. Continue boiling, stirring gently to separate tortellini, 5 minutes.
- Stir in Sauce and tomato. Cover and continue boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Stir in basil and Parmesan cheese. Let stand 3 minutes before serving. Serve, if desired, with freshly ground black pepper.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW