Steak & Spinach in Gorgonzola Vodka Sauce
- 4 boneless sirloin steaks (about 6 oz. ea.)
- 3 Tbsp. Bertolli® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 bags (10 oz. ea.) baby spinach leaves
- 1 small shallot [or onion], chopped
- 1 jar Bertolli® Vodka Sauce made with Fresh Cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Season steaks, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Grill or broil until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook 1/2 of the garlic 30 seconds. Stir in spinach. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper; remove to serving platter and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon Olive Oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook shallot, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 of the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in Sauce and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup cheese and simmer 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, arrange steaks on spinach, then top with sauce. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
Cost per recipe*: $27.09 Cost per serving*: $6.77. *Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW