Tuscan Chicken & Sausage Stew
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 ounces sweet Italian chicken sausage links, sliced
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, sliced
- 1 jar Bertolli® Light Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- 1 can (16 oz.) cannellini beans [or white kidney beans], rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh sage leaves
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken sausage and chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is almost cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook carrot, celery and onion, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes. Stir spinach until starting to wilt, about 30 seconds. Stir in Sauce, beans and water. Bring to a simmer. Stir in chicken and sausage, then simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and sausage is heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in sage and pepper. Garnish, if desire, with chopped parsley.
- FULL-PAGE VIEW